We’ve seen makeup trends come and go over the years, but I really love this one and I really hope that it is here to stay.
I’m not a very creative girl, and I’m not one to experiment with all those different color combinations. So when I heard about monochromatic makeup, I was sooo happy.
Monochromatic makeup simply means doing your entire face in colors having the same undertone, or about one to two shades lighter or darker.
I’ve been doing this everyday for the past week or so, and I love that it looks very put together.
I’ve been doing monochromatic makeup to achieve a very natural look in brown tones. Here are the products I’ve been using:
- Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Liquid Foundation (I’m in the shade Y365)
2. Benefit Hoola Bronzer to contour the face
My favorite contour powder. Probably also because it’s the only one I know how to use. Haha. Any suggestions?
3. NYX Wonder Stick in Universal to contour the nose
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette using the following colors: Golden Ochre, Burnt Orange, Raw Sienna, Tempera, and Primavera.
I love this palette to death!!! There are so many looks you can do with it, each of them so perfectly gorgeous.
5. MAC Liptensity Lipstick in Smoked Almond
This lipstick looks pinky when swatched on my hand, but appears more brown when on my lips.
Both blushes give my cheeks a very natural pinky-brown flush, which I just LOVE.
What colors have you been using to create your own monochromatic makeup look?